Car Accident Lawyer Elizabeth, NJ
When determining whether you need a car accident lawyer Elizabeth, NJ drivers rely on, know that the team at The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C. is here for you. Many people believe that when they get into a car accident they have very little to worry about because that is what insurance is for, right? However, just because the other driver has insurance does not mean you will get fair compensation for the injuries they caused or the damage that was done. Instead of worrying about representing yourself in front of an insurance agent who does not have your best interests at heart, speak with an attorney from our office today.
The Top Reasons Why You Should Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident
We understand that hiring an attorney is a big legal step. However, once you do this, you can know that the weight of this car accident case is no longer on your shoulders. Instead, we want you to focus on recovering from your injuries and moving forward from the damage that was done.
- Dealing With Insurance. You may think that an Elizabeth, New Jersey car accident lawyer will only file paperwork for you. However, we handle difficult insurance agents as well. Unfortunately, even if you were in a serious car accident, insurance agents do not want to give you fair compensation. Instead, they may seem caring while lowballing their offer. Leave handling the insurance agents up to your attorney.
- Conducting the Investigation. When you hire an attorney, you do not have to worry about investigating anything on your own. Your attorney will go back to the scene of the accident, speak with any available witnesses, request police reports, and help determine what caused the accident. It is imperative that we show that someone else’s negligence was responsible for causing your injuries.
- Understanding the Law. Many people believe that of all legal matters, a personal injury car accident claim is likely the simplest. However, you want someone who has studied the law and understands what your rights are so that they can fight on your behalf.
- Going to Court. You may not need to go to court. However, if the insurance company denies you of your claim or gives you an unfair offer, your attorney can represent you in court to show why you need fair compensation for injuries and damage.
If you would like to learn more about how a trusted car accident lawyer in Elizabeth, New Jersey can represent you, contact The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C.
When Don’t I Need a Lawyer?
Many people might wonder when they need a car accident lawyer Elizabeth, NJ has to offer, and few might wonder when they don’t. Based on what you see on the TV, it might be easy to thing that:
- Anyone in an accident will be given much less than what they need or deserve,
- They will be mistreated or taken advantage of by the insurance company, or
- They will always need a lawyer.
While the above can, and certainly does, happen; these scenarios are not 100% true. There are situations that warrant the need of a lawyer, and there are those that do not. The following are a few examples in which a car accident lawyer might not be required. Before we get started, it goes without saying it is recommended to consult with a firm before you make any decisions on how best to deal with your own situation. By doing so, you ensure you protect your rights and interests.
You Did Not Suffer Any Injuries
Sometimes, when an accident happens, there may be no injuries. Rather, the damages will only include property damage. If no one was injured, or there was no damage at all, it may not be necessary to file a personal injury claim. It is also possible that when a doctor diagnoses the victim with mild injuries that require a few days of rest, a claim won’t be worth it. You should be careful when making any decisions based on a “no injury” diagnosis. We do know of people who were told they had no injuries, but actually suffered from a silent injury that was not diagnosed.
If you were in a car accident, please get medical attention and report all your pain or symptoms. You should be evaluated in full. If you are not satisfied with the diagnosis, you can get a second opinion. If you have questions, call a car accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ.
The Claim’s Value is Not Much
Sometimes, a claim’s value will not be very much. In this case, hiring a lawyer may not be worth it. For example, there were just a few damages to your car, and the car was ten years old with 180,000 miles on it. In this case, hiring a lawyer might not be worth it. Rather, you would likely talk with your insurance company. If you have any doubts, please call our office.
Situations That May Warrant the Need for a Lawyer
- You suffered injuries
- Your injuries were mild to moderate or severe
- You had to stay at the hospital
- Your health has been affected
- You were unable to work
- Your bills totaled over a couple thousand dollars
- There is a dispute over who is at fault
- There were multiple parties in the accident
- There are special circumstances involved
- The accident involved a municipality
- The accident occured in a construction zone
- You believe your vehicle was defective
- Insurance adjusters are being difficult
- There was a loss of life
If you have any questions about your accident, or whether you need a car accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ, call The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C.