Uber Accident Lawyer Elizabeth, NJ
When you’ve been injured in an Uber accident, it may be in your best interest to reach out to an Uber accident lawyer Elizabeth, NJ has to offer. Uber is a multi-million dollar company with their own team of lawyers. As soon as a collision occurs you can count on them working on the case. By hiring your own lawyer, you can feel peace of mind in knowing that your own case is in good hands.
For all the benefits that Uber has to offer, one feature of the service continues to remain complicated – that is the process of filing an insurance claim. If you were injured in an accident involving an Uber vehicle, you should consult an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Uber tends to take a hands-off approach to claims. This is partly because the corporation may protect its own interests before another’s. This means the victim of an Uber accident might feel alone and confused, especially when trying to navigate corporate lawyers and legal claims.
Table Of Contents
- Uber Accident Lawyer Elizabeth, NJ
- What You Should Know About Uber
- Elizabeth Uber Accident Law Infographic
- Complications of Uber Accidents
- Elizabeth Uber Accident Law Statistics
- Common Causes of Uber Accidents
- Elizabeth Uber Accident Law FAQs
- The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C. Elizabeth Uber Accident Lawyer
- Elizabeth Uber Accident Lawyer Google Review
- Contact Our Elizabeth Uber Accident Lawyer
What You Should Know About Uber
- Uber works similarly to a taxi company, but with a mobile app and independent drivers
- There are no in-vehicle meters
- Riders usually know what they will pay ahead of time
- Uber does not employ the driver
- The driver uses their own vehicle and is not trained
- The vehicle must be of a certain standard and insured
- Drivers must pass a background check, be at least 21 years of age, have insurance, and a valid driver’s license
- To find a passenger, drivers must be logged into the Uber app
Elizabeth Uber Accident Law Infographic
Complications of Uber Accidents
- Uber drivers are independent contractors and must have their own coverage. Uber does provide coverage, but only during certain parts of the trip.
- When the driver is not using the app, their own insurance coverage will cover any accidents that happen.
- When the driver is using the app, they are covered by Uber’s liability insurance coverage which is $100,000 in total damages.
- When the driver is on their way to pick up a passenger, Uber’s full coverage kicks in. This is a $1 million policy.
- The same one million dollar policy is applicable when a passenger is inside the Uber vehicle.
- A driver was uninsured or underinsured
- Uber’s contingency clause doesn’t apply to your case
- You are a driver involved in an accident with an Uber driver
- The Uber driver’s app was not on
- You were a pedestrian or cyclist who was hit by the Uber driver
In situations like those above, it can be very difficult to recover the right amount of compensation. You will almost certainly need an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Call The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C.
Elizabeth Uber Accident Law Statistics
According to Uber’s recent Safety Report, Uber vehicles were involved in fatal motor vehicle accidents at a rate of 0.57 per million vehicle miles traveled. New Jersey Transportation data reports 278,413 car accidents, of those, 61k caused injuries and 524 were fatal.
Uber Accident Lawyer Elizabeth, NJ
If you have been in a Uber accident then contacting a Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ is often going to be in your best interest. You should seek professional legal assistance before talking to Uber or an insurance adjuster. With the help of a legal professional, they can give you more leverage in settlement negotiations and help you get the compensation you deserve rather than getting lowballed.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents
If you were hurt in an Uber accident, you may want to get in touch with an Elizabeth, NJ uber accident lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation. The legal professionals at The Law Office of Wade Suthard understand that you are in a tough situation and want to assist you.
Here are the most common causes of Uber accidents.
- Distracted driving. Uber drivers may be especially prone to distractions. They may frequently check their GPS, read and respond to text messages and chat with passengers. Unfortunately, all of these activities can take their eyes and attention away from the road ahead, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Drowsy driving. The more hours Uber drivers are on the road, the more money they ultimately make. Some Uber drivers may be on the road for multiple hours without breaks to make ends meet. Drivers who are running on little sleep can put everyone on the road in danger. They may not be able to concentrate on the road and have lower reaction times
- Speeding. Another common cause of Uber accidents is speeding. Uber drivers may drive above the speed limit to get their passengers to their destinations on time and then pick up more passengers. Speeding can cause Uber drivers to lose control of their vehicles and lower their reaction times. The faster a vehicle is traveling, the more severe injuries it will cause in an accident.
- Inexperience. Overall, Uber drivers don’t have as much driving experience as taxi drivers. As an Elizabeth Uber accident lawyer can confirm, inexperienced drivers are more likely to cause accidents. They may not be able to react quickly enough to certain traffic conditions.
- Drunk driving. Many people order Uber after they have had a few drinks. Unfortunately, some Uber drivers may be under the influence of alcohol when they pick these passengers up. Alcohol can impair judgment and lower reaction times, increasing the risk of an accident. Drunk Uber drivers may weave in and out of lanes, speed, ignore traffic signs, or tailgate vehicles.
- Not following traffic rules. Just like all other drivers, Uber drivers are expected to follow the rules of the road, including making complete stops at stop signs and stop lights and using proper turn signals. If they fail to obey these traffic rules, they can increase the likelihood of an accident.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Uber drivers are also obligated to maintain their vehicles. Unfortunately, however, not all of them do. Skimping on maintenance can increase the chances of a collision. For instance, if an Uber driver does not get worn-out brakes repaired, the driver may not be able to stop the vehicle and cause a crash.
- Driving in unfamiliar areas. Uber drivers may frequently have to pick up and drop off passengers in unfamiliar areas. If they are not familiar with the roads they are driving on, they may be more likely to get into an accident.
Schedule a consultation with an Elizabeth Uber accident lawyer from The Law Office of Wade Suthard.
Elizabeth Uber Accident Law FAQs
What Happens When an Accident Strikes?
The sad reality is that these accidents are only going to increase with time as the rideshare industry grows. The outcome can be financially crushing without rideshare insurance. By hiring a knowledgeable Uber accident lawyer you can learn how the lack of coverage can leave you vulnerable because your regular car insurance possibly won’t cover you in this case. This is a risk not only to your safety but also to your livelihood. Many lawyers would tell you that the cost of accidents can easily pile up if you aren’t prepared for what happens.
What Happens After an Accident As The Driver?
It is common that rideshare accident victims don’t know what steps they need to take in order to get compensated for their damages. Truth is, rideshare accidents and rideshare insurance differ from regular auto insurance in many ways.
One of the biggest mistakes that you could make is to believe that Uber will automatically cover you because the truth is that these corporations are only going to prioritize their own bottom line over the well-being of their consumers. Without having somebody that understands seeds laws you could be left seriously hanging after an accident and a rideshare event.
In some cases, the process of recovering damages after an accident can be difficult and tedious if you choose to do it on your own. The advantage of a lawyer is that they have the experience and navigating the complex legal waters and the power to go up against big corporations.
What Happens After an Accident as A Passenger?
When you catch a ride with an Uber driver your safety is in the driver’s hands. If an accident were to happen and you still deserve compensation for your injuries. If you come to harm then you deserve compensation and in most cases, you’re going to be seen as a victim and the accident.
If you have been seriously injured in an accident by a ridesharing company that is often in your best interest to hire a Uber accident attorney. The right lawyer can help you towards getting the most compensation that you rightly deserve it can help you prevent getting lowballed in order to cover your injuries. A company like Uber is going to do whatever it takes to keep the money and they will do their best to push responsibility onto another party in order to prevent from having to pay you what you rightly deserve.
The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C. Elizabeth Uber Accident Lawyer
7 Broad Street, Suite 200, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201
Elizabeth Uber Accident Lawyer Google Review
“I have had the pleasure of working on personal injury matters with Mr. Suthard. In my 30 year career as a legal assistant, I find Mr. Suthard to be extremely dedicated to his clients and works diligently to achieve the best outcome in their cases. I would recommend Mr. Suthard to anyone and assure them that they would be in the best of hands.” – Laura G.
Contact Our Elizabeth Uber Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one happen to be involved in a Uber accident and is often in your best interest to contact a Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ to help you get the compensation you rightly deserve and the quickest way possible.
Uber accidents are often rife with complications. If an Uber car or driver was involved, in any way, in your accident, we would encourage you to speak with an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ as soon as possible. Call The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C., for a consultation and case review.