Uber Accident Lawyer Elizabeth, NJ
When you’ve been injured in an Uber accident, it may be in your best interest to reach out to an Uber accident lawyer Elizabeth, NJ has to offer. Uber is a multi-million dollar company with their own team of lawyers. As soon as a collision occurs you can count on them working on the case. By hiring your own lawyer, you can feel peace of mind in knowing that your own case is in good hands.
For all the benefits that Uber has to offer, one feature of the service continues to remain complicated – that is the process of filing an insurance claim. If you were injured in an accident involving an Uber vehicle, you should consult an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Uber tends to take a hands off approach to claims. This is partly because the corporation may protect their own interests before another’s. This means the victim of an Uber accident might feel alone and confused, especially when trying to navigate corporate lawyers and legal claims.
What You Should Know About Uber
- Uber works similar to a taxi company, but with a mobile app and independent drivers
- There are no in-vehicle meters
- Riders usually know what they will pay ahead of time
- Uber does not employ the driver
- The driver uses their own vehicle and are not trained
- The vehicle must be of a certain standard and insured
- Drivers must pass a background check, be at least 21 years of age, have insurance, and a valid driver’s license
- To find a passenger, drivers must be logged into the Uber app
Complications of Uber Accidents
- Uber drivers are independent contractors, and must have their own coverage. Uber does provide coverage, but only during certain parts of the trip.
- When the driver is not using the app, their own insurance coverage will cover any accidents that happen.
- When the driver is using the app, they are covered for Uber’s liability insurance coverage which is $100,000 in total damages.
- When the driver is on their way to pick up a passenger, Uber’s full coverage kicks in. This is a $1 million policy.
- The same one million dollar policy is applicable when a passenger is inside the Uber vehicle.
Complications of an Uber Accident
- A driver was uninsured or underinsured
- Uber’s contingency clause doesn’t apply to your case
- You are a driver involved in an accident with an Uber driver
- The Uber driver’s app was not on
- You were a pedestrian or cyclist who was hit by the Uber driver
In situations like those above, it can be very difficult to recover the right amount of compensation. You will almost certainly need an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Uber accidents are often rife with complications. If an Uber car or driver was involved, in any way, in your accident, we would encourage you to speak with an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ as soon as possible. Call The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C., for a consultation and case review.