Uber Accident Lawyer Elizabeth, NJ
When you’ve been injured in an Uber accident, it may be in your best interest to reach out to an Uber accident lawyer Elizabeth, NJ has to offer. Uber is a multi-million dollar company with their own team of lawyers. As soon as a collision occurs you can count on them working on the case. By hiring your own lawyer, you can feel peace of mind in knowing that your own case is in good hands.
For all the benefits that Uber has to offer, one feature of the service continues to remain complicated – that is the process of filing an insurance claim. If you were injured in an accident involving an Uber vehicle, you should consult an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Uber tends to take a hands off approach to claims. This is partly because the corporation may protect their own interests before another’s. This means the victim of an Uber accident might feel alone and confused, especially when trying to navigate corporate lawyers and legal claims.
What You Should Know About Uber
- Uber works similar to a taxi company, but with a mobile app and independent drivers
- There are no in-vehicle meters
- Riders usually know what they will pay ahead of time
- Uber does not employ the driver
- The driver uses their own vehicle and are not trained
- The vehicle must be of a certain standard and insured
- Drivers must pass a background check, be at least 21 years of age, have insurance, and a valid driver’s license
- To find a passenger, drivers must be logged into the Uber app
Complications of Uber Accidents
- Uber drivers are independent contractors, and must have their own coverage. Uber does provide coverage, but only during certain parts of the trip.
- When the driver is not using the app, their own insurance coverage will cover any accidents that happen.
- When the driver is using the app, they are covered for Uber’s liability insurance coverage which is $100,000 in total damages.
- When the driver is on their way to pick up a passenger, Uber’s full coverage kicks in. This is a $1 million policy.
- The same one million dollar policy is applicable when a passenger is inside the Uber vehicle.
Complications of an Uber Accident
- A driver was uninsured or underinsured
- Uber’s contingency clause doesn’t apply to your case
- You are a driver involved in an accident with an Uber driver
- The Uber driver’s app was not on
- You were a pedestrian or cyclist who was hit by the Uber driver
In situations like those above, it can be very difficult to recover the right amount of compensation. You will almost certainly need an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Uber accidents are often rife with complications. If an Uber car or driver was involved, in any way, in your accident, we would encourage you to speak with an Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ as soon as possible. Call The Law Office of Wade Suthard, P.C., for a consultation and case review.
Uber Accident Lawyer Elizabeth, NJ
If you have been in a Uber accident then contacting a Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ is often going to be in your best interest. You should seek professional legal assistance before talking to Uber or an insurance adjuster. With the help of a legal professional, they can give you more leverage in settlement negotiations and help you get the compensation you deserve rather than getting lowballed.
If you are loved one has been injured in an Uber accident and don’t hesitate to reach out to the lawyer today.
What Happens When an Accident Strikes?
The sad reality is that these accidents are only going to increase with time as the rideshare industry grows. The outcome can be financially crushing without the rideshare insurance. By hiring a knowledgeable Uber accident lawyer you can learn how the lack of coverage can leave you vulnerable because your regular car insurance possibly won’t cover you in this case. This is a risk not only to your safety but also to your livelihood. Many lawyers would tell you that the cost of accidents can easily pile up if you aren’t prepared for what happens.
What Happens After an Accident As The Driver?
It is common that rideshare accident victims don’t know what steps they need to take in order to get compensated for their damages. Truth is, rideshare accidents and rideshare insurance differ from regular auto insurance in many ways.
One of the biggest mistakes that you could make is to believe that Uber will automatically cover you because the truth is that these corporations are only going to prioritize their own bottom line over the well-being of their consumers. Without having somebody that understands seeds laws you could be left seriously hanging after an accident and a rideshare event.
In some cases, the process of recovering damages after an accident can be difficult and tedious if you choose to do it on your own. Having the advantage of a lawyer is that they have the experience and navigating the complex legal waters and the power to go up against big corporations.
What Happens After an Accident as The Passenger?
When you catch a ride with the a Uber driver your safety is in the driver’s hands. If an accident were to happen and you still deserve compensation for your injuries. If you come to harm than you deserve compensation and in most cases you’re going to be seen as a victim and the accident.
If you have been seriously injured in an accident from a ridesharing company that is often your best interest to hire a Uber accident attorney. The right lawyer can help you towards getting the most compensation that you rightly deserve it can help you prevent getting lowballed in order to cover your injuries. A company like Uber is going to do whatever it takes to keep the money and they will do their best to push responsibility onto another party in order to prevent from having to pay you you rightly deserve.
If you or a loved one happen involved in a Uber accident and is often in your best interest to contact a Uber accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ to help you get the compensation you rightly deserve and the quickest way possible.